In Short: If you are a resident of California, you are granted specific rights regarding access to your personal information.
These additional disclosures are required by the California Consumer Privacy Act and are effective as of January 24, 2020.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the "Shine The Light" law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with the Service, you have the right to request the removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the Service. To request the removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the Service, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from our systems.
Categories of personal information collected. The personal information that we may collect, or may have collected from consumers in the preceding twelve months, falls into the following categories established by the California Consumer Privacy Act, depending on how you engage with the Company:
- Identifiers, such as your name, alias, address, phone numbers, or IP address;
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or US federal law, such as age or gender, for example, if we conduct user surveys or analysis;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including content interaction information, such as content downloads.
- Geolocation data, such as the location of your device or computer.
- Audio, visual, electronic, or other similar information, including when you communicate with us by phone or otherwise;
- Professional or employment-related information, for example, data you may provide about your employer(s);
- Inference data, such as information about your preferences; and
Categories of personal information disclosed for a business purpose. The personal information that we may have disclosed about consumers for a business purpose in the preceding twelve months fall into the following categories established by the California Consumer Privacy Act, depending on how you engage with the Company:
- Identifiers, such as your name, address, or phone numbers, for example, if we use a third party to perform delivery of furniture;
- Personal information as described in subdivision (e) of Section 1798.80 of the California Civil Code, such as a credit card number, for example, if we use a third-party payment processor;
- Your age, gender, or other protected classifications under California or US federal law, for example, if we conduct user surveys or analysis using a third-party service provider;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as if we use a third-party service provider to help us gather reports for analyzing the health of our devices and services;
- Geolocation data for your device or computer, for example, if we need to monitor or confirm your payments or purchases;
- Audio, visual, electronic, or other similar information, for example, if a third-party service provider reviews recordings of customer support phone calls for quality assurance purposes and;
- Professional or employment-related information, for example, if we provide information to a third-party service provider for verification.